Classes at Redeemer Lutheran Preschool are age-appropriate, and class sizes can vary by age group. Each class benefits from an experienced teacher, a trained assistant and a developmentally appropriate, comprehensive classroom. Each class also has a consistent team, and children are encouraged to make choices throughout the day to become curious and confident.
Our academic year starts in September and ends in May, and your child’s age on September 30 determines his or her age group.
Morning sessions operate 8:30 to 12 noon.
2½-Year-Old Learners have a ratio of 1:4 and meet
Monday & Tuesday. This class is postponed until January 4, 2021.
3-Year-Old Learners have a ratio of 1:5 and meet 3 or 5 days
Wednesday-Friday or Monday – Friday.
4 or 5 -Year-Old Learners have a ratio of 1:8 and meet
Monday – Friday.
With each class, we emphasize the life skills children need.
- Attachment – getting along with an adult for nurturing and safety
- Belonging – as a member of a group, especially to the family
- Self-Regulation – managing emotions
- Collaboration – working with others, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Contribution – becoming eager to learn and to help others
- Adaptability – learning how rules can change with the situation
Redeemer Lutheran Preschool’s teaching philosophy and classroom curriculum are derived from several highly regarded sources.
Beyond Behavior Management: The Six Life Skills Children Need, by Jenna Bilmes, 2012, Redleaf Press.
Developmentally Appropriate Practice In Early Childhood Education, National Association for the Education of Young Children, www.naeyc.org/DAP
The Creative Curriculum For Preschool, Teaching Strategies LLC, www.teachingstrategies.com/curriculum
The Creative Curriculum For Infants and Toddlers, Teaching Strategies LLC, www.teachingstrategies.com/curriculum